Friday, December 30, 2011

"I Like Surprises"

Job 5:8  (Message)
[ What a Blessing When God Corrects You! ] "If I were in your shoes, I'd go straight to God, I'd throw myself on the mercy of God. After all, he's famous for great and unexpected acts; there's no end to his surprises.
                Do you like Surprises? 
I like to be surprised at Christmas.  It is also a time where we get to be a little sneaky and hide gifts.  It's just plain ole' fun. 
For my very first Blog, I thought I would tell you why I now say,  "I like surprises". 
A few years back, I had been watching this Revival on the TV and really enjoying the worship.  I had come familiar with a man who sometimes lead the worship. One evening a friend of mine was going to drive on up to attend the Revival. So we car-pooled and hit the road!  We were not certain who would be leading the worship. (I was secretly wanting it to be the man who I had been enjoying at home on TV)  But, soon after arriving...I could hear a female voice warming up. I realized that this girl would be the person leading worship.

 As I walked through the doors into this large tent. I made a dissatisfied face and rolled my eyes and said to myself.  Bummer!  As soon as I did that, I heard in my spirit, "You might be surprised". That sounded like the Holy Spirit.  So, from that point on I decided to simply let God be God and allow Him to surprise me.  I think He likes it that way.  He wants us to trust Him and to be directly involved in our decisions.

The Worship that evening was the BEST I had ever sat under. I worshiped in dance and had an experience with the Father that night, that I will never forget. It was a pivotal moment in my life. I now make the confession out loud,    "I like  surprises".  It is like a little "joke" the Father and I have.  If I had not heard His voice and yielded to Him and simply let Him surprise me, I would have missed out on what He had for me that night. 

Sometimes I think I have it all figured out. I know how things should go...what to expect..ect....
But, in fact I really don't have it all figured out. That would be foolish of me.  As a Christian I am understanding more and more why it is so important to be pliable.  Just because I have never seen it done a certain way, does not necessarily mean that it is not God.  
Staying hooked up to the Word helps me to know His voice more clearly. I am certain He talks to all of us. But are we listening and allowing Him to surprise us with His goodness.

For 2012 my declaration will continue to be;
"Surprise me Father....
 Surprise me with Your goodness,
 Your presence,
 Your provision,
 Your Love." 
 I want more of You and less of me.  
I now allow Jehovah God to be "Jehovah sneaky" in my life. His surprises are waaaaaay better than anything I could ever imagine,
and I have a HUGE imagination.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful first post! I just love how good our God is and how He never does things the same way twice! He is the inventor of surprises and, indeed, He wants us to expect great things!
    I look forward to sharing with you all that He has in this upcoming year! Happy 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am wonderfully surprised by your blog post!! I love Jehovah sneaky!!! LOL You put a big smile on my face today =D ~ Pammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your vantage point